Twelve Lessons in Elementary Blacksmithing, Adapted to the Demand of Schools and Colleges of Mechanic Arts.
Tables, Rules and Receipts Useful to Manufacturers, Machinists, Engineers and Blacksmiths.
A Rational Treatise on Horseshoeing and the Anatomy of the Foot of the Horse, Suited to the Demand of Horseraisers, Veterinarians, Farriers and the Amateur Horseshoer.
J. G. Holmstrom
Author of “Modern Blacksmithing.”
- Lesson I – Positioning
- Lesson II – The Sledge and The Fire
- Lesson III – Iron
- Lesson IV – Steel, Annealing, and Welding Cast Iron
- Lesson V – Hardening and Brazing
- Lesson VI – Forging and Making Rings and Links
- Lesson VII – Welding
- Lesson VIII – The Different Kinds of Welds
- Lesson IX – Horse Nails, Chisels, Cross-Pene Hammers, Flatters, and Swage Blocks
- Lesson X – Set Hammers, Swages, Fullers, Hardies, and Blacksmith Punches
- Lesson XI – Square Angles
- Lesson XII – Tongs, S-Wrench, Split Forging, and The Drill Press
- Wagon and Carriage Tires
- Wagon and Carriage Axles
- Rocks Drills, Hardening Fluid, and Welding Compound